Nyhavn double card by Martin Schwartz
Nyhavn is one of Copenhagen’s busiest pedestrian zones, visited each year by thousands of people, and the place is mostly associated with bars and tourist. However, up until 1980 Nyhavn was nothing but a mere parking lot with a number of murky bodegas. Nyhavn was constructed during the reign of King Christian V and was dug by Swedish prisoners of war from 1670 -73. Evil tongues claim, that the place was later invaded by drunk swedes arriving to Copenhagen with the boat from Malmö.